Website Design Planner
A great way to start the conversation about your project is to download the Website Design Planner. The information you provide helps us have an informed discussion with you about website goals, design and features.
Please fill out and return to email@example.com when completed. Answer each question as best you can, skip any that are not relevant.
Of course if you would rather talk with us straight away about your project feel free to call 515-243-0892.
- A blog, or web log, is basically an online journal. They range from highly personal daily accounts to updates on business practices. A blog might be viewed as a conversation with readers, typically inviting comments and feedback.
- Short for Web browser, a software application used to locate and display Web pages. Currently the three most popular browsers are Google Chrome, Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- Domain Name:
- A name that identifies one or more IP addresses. They can only contain letters, numbers or hyphens. Domain names provide recognizable names, to numerically addressed Internet resources. The following example illustrates the difference between a URL (Uniform Resource Locator) and a domain name – URL: http://www.yoursite.com/index.html, Domain name: www.yoursite.com
- In website design, this refers to a word or phrase that describes your specific industry. For example, ScreenTrend could not be described without using words such as “web designer, website design, website development” and so on. Relevant keywords, properly placed within the structure and content of a site, give internet users more opportunities to find your site on the web using search engines.
- On-Page Search Engine Optimization:
- In search engine optimization, on-page optimization refers to factors that have an effect on your website or web page ranking in organic (non-paid) search results. These factors can be controlled by the quality of the content and code on your page. Examples include the semantic HTML, meta tags, page titles and keyword placement and density.
- Search Engine:
- A program that searches web documents for specified keywords and returns a list of the documents where the keywords were found. A search engine works by sending out a spider to fetch as many documents as possible. Another program, called an indexer, then reads these documents and creates an index based on the words contained in each document. Search engines use proprietary algorithms to create indices that, ideally, only return meaningful results.
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization):
- The purposeful structuring of a website to enhance your chances of being listed higher in search engine results for the top keywords in your industry. As an example, if you own a Mexican restaurant in Cedar Rapids, IA, your website should be designed in such a way to get you listed high for keywords such as “Mexican food, Mexican restaurants, Cedar Rapids, IA.”
- Abbreviation of Uniform Resource Locator, the global address of documents and other resources on the World Wide Web.
- Web Host:
- A web host is a business that provides server space for websites controlled by individuals or companies that do not have their own web servers.